Monday 4 June 2012

finding inspiration

When inspiration hits I tend to take notice and make notes to refer to when I'm more awake! But what do I do when inspiration doesn't hit?! Well to start with I don't panic!!

 If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's not to sweat over ideas. They always come, sometimes later than I'd prefer, but they always come!! A technique I've been working with for a while now uses the sub-conscious mind. It's really effective and takes very little effort for a lot of reward!

It's as simple as this... 
Before you go to sleep you tell your brain that you would like problem X to be solved. While you get a good night's sleep your sub-conscious works on ideas and when you awake it is up to you to record them! I find they usually start to emerge right when I'm in the shower - doh! So I try to speak them out loud - I may sound like a weirdo but at least I don't forget the idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment